Looking for the best apps to boost your store’s sales? There are thousands of app available in the Shopify app store and going through them one by one could be painstaking and time-consuming.
Since probably don’t have time to waste, we put together our list of free Shopify Apps that can boost your merch store’s sales and conversion.
Here are our top picks!
AfterShip is one of the top Shopify order tracking applications, and it’s used by 30,000 Shopify sellers to easily enable clients to track their orders after it’s been shipped.
Here are the main features of this app:
- Create a branded tracking page to show the latest order status
- Track all shipments worldwide in one place
- Send notifications to customers about their orders
This app eliminates data entry for Shopify.
It does so by automatically syncing all your financial reports and invoices.
Here are the top features of this Shopify app:
- Every Shopify sale automatically updates your inventory in QuickBooks or Xero.
- Create credit memos to ensure that transaction levels are precise.
- With each sale and return, automatically update inventory levels.
- Obtain accounting assistance from Xero or QuickBooks
Email marketing is probably one of the most foolproof ways to boost your customer reach and conversion once you’ve already established a database.
It may seem intimidating and difficult at first, but the good news is, you don’t need to spend a dime to start.
And the best place for you to do that is in your store! Where else could you best promote your mailing list than your own website, right?
Aside from building your mailing list, it’s also helpful in pushing more sales to your customers if you’re just starting.
To reduce cart abandonment, you may enhance conversions by reminding clients about products they left in their cart.
Here’s everything that you can do with this free email automation plug-in for your Shopify-powered merch store.
- Make them aware of new products and services by using MailChimp, one of the finest free Shopify applications.
- You may use the Mailchimp app to:
- Automate email campaigns with the help of MailChimp’s marketing automation.
- Sync the data from your listing and real-time purchase information.
- Set up targetted segments to personalize your marketing.
- Subscribe your customers to your mailing list automatically.
- Product recommendations.
- Track customers and create different segments or audiences – useful in creating a marketing strategy.
- Expand your target market.
- Boost your sales using Mailchimp’s Facebook and Instagram Ad Campaigns
- Add a pop-up form to your website (email sign-up form).
- With a promo-code content block, you may add discount codes and automation.
This is one of the most popular Shopify apps.
It lets you effortlessly sync essential information and product listings from your Shopify store with Google Merchant Center.
Feed updates will be delivered automatically to the Merchant Center, thus making it easier to build ads campaigns for your products should you run one for your store.
Nonetheless, it’s also a good way to help Google crawl your store, adding points to your store’s SEO.
Installing this plug-in to your Shopify store will make the process seamless and easy – just with a few clicks – and your Smart Shopping campaign is all set, just tweak as needed.
Here are the advantages of adding this app to your Shopify store:
- Choose the best time and place to show the proper items based on your audience,
- An automatic system that determines where the best dimension advertising performs.
- Run digital marketing campaigns and track the results in real-time.
- Pay per click ads.
What better way to showcase your product than to flaunt it on Instagram.
The good news is, Instafeed lets your Instagram account to your Shopify Store with just a click of a button.
Not only is this a good way to link all your marketing channels in one, but it’s also a good way to promote your Instagram and grow your following there.
It makes the integration process seamless and easy, no coding experience or knowledge is needed.
By installing Instafeed into your Shopify store, you can also do the following:
- Draw customers to your Instagram account and build your customer in that platform.
- Engage with your customers better through direct contact in Instagram,
6. Plugin SEO
Want to optimize your merch store for Google’s search engine? You don’t need an expert to set up the basics of SEO on your store with the help of this Shopify plug-in.
In a nutshell, Plugin SEO can do a general audit of your Shopify store’s Search Engine Optimization (SEO) ranking and condition.
It can determine the aspects that can affect your website’s SEO and provide recommendations on how to improve or solve them.
There are various facets of SEO, but you don’t have to dive deep into all those with the help of this Shopify app. Plugin SEO will do the following for you:
- Checks page titles, headings, meta descriptions, website load speed, blog content optimization, and freshness or relevance of all written content on your website.
- Fix broken links.
- Add JSON and Schema Alt.
- Notify you of any SEO issues found on your website.
- Get the latest recommendations from Google with full structured data support
- Boost your organic traffic
- Increase page speed
- Integrate this app with your existing apps
- Benefit from Multilingual SEO
- Review insights and sentiment analysis
- Use social push reviews to drive traffic from Facebook and Twitter
The majority of businesses struggle to convert potential leads into paying customers.
With social proof, you can potentially increase conversions significantly.
For self-starters, especially merch stores, you can’t immediately have a social proof for your store.
However, since most Merch stores follow the print-on-demand businesses blueprint where your inventory is basically handled by a provider, you can instead use social proof from that provider.
Providers from print-on-demand platforms like Teesprings, Printful, Spod, and the likes all have social proof which you can import to your Shopify store with Shopify apps like Stamped.io.
It’s a free app but you only get to access the basics with that plan such as the following:
- Product reviews.
- Photo reviews.
These features are actually sufficient enough social proof, but if you’re keen on making full use of Stamped.io’s potential, you can get them for $15 a month. Below are the premium features you get:
- Checkout Reviews
- Video Reviews & Photo Reviews
- Instagram Shoppable Gallery
- Community Questions & Answers
- Net Promoter Score® Survey
- Multi-Channel Review Sources (beta)
This Shopify plugin is a popup builder that integrates smoothly with your Shopify store.
It can let you create and personalize website popups on your merch store.
These pop-ups can present a variety of media that you can use to engage with your customers.
You can use to it build email lists, offer discounts and vouchers, actively promote your other channels such as social media pages, or even promotions.
Basically, this will give you the option to actively promote something to the customers on your site, from your email list to enticing deals, Popup builder.
In a nutshell, here are the things that you could do with this app:
- Generate coupon popups to entice more customers and boost sales.
- Its exit-intent technology can reduce abandoned carts.
- Display your contact information for phone call traffic (if that’s one of your marketing strategies.
- Notifications for announcements.
- Subscription popups to promote and grow your email list.
- Promote your new, popular, or future products.
- For cookie consent popup to comply with cookie legislation.
- A multipurpose form that you can personalize.
This plugin can be used for free until the first 5,000 page views on your site.
Let’s Wrap It Up!
Setting up your own merch store with Shopify may not be an easy feat and it can be expensive too.
However, there are a bunch of free apps in Shopify that you can use to fill in any gaps that your store may have, from the marketing to the designs aspect of it.
These apps can make your life easier because most of them automate various tasks that are essential to growing your business which would require a lot of time and effort if done manually.
So make full use of them and make sure you look into Shopify’s knowledge base to find bits and pieces of hacks that may lessen the burden for you in building and operating your merch store.