Getting into the print-on-demand business is one awesome venture that could definitely make numbers! Thinking about unique, saleable, and up-to-date designs, however, may require you to constantly squeeze your creative juices.
When you don’t have that many designing skills or when you don’t have that many new ideas surging all the time, you can always buy t-shirt designs online.
Good thing there are numerous websites that provide affordable t-shirt designs for your print-on-demand business!
Why Purchase T-Shirt Designs Online?
In reality, not everyone is skilled enough to create t-shirt designs.
In addition, not everyone has the artistic ability to constantly conceptualize new designs.
However, that doesn’t stop anyone from setting up their own print-on-demand store.
Anyone can sell merch online since almost all tools and skills that are needed can be bought online or outsourced somewhere.
If you need someone else to work on your designs, you can hire a graphic artist to sketch your ideas or you can simply purchase designs online.
There are numerous websites that offer affordable designs for your shirts.
The advantage of buying them online is that you get to choose from a wide range of websites and a wide selection of artists.
Just like online shopping, it’s much easier and more convenient to choose from one design to another.
It’s also easier to compare and contrast prices for different designs.
Being able to select from different designs and artists can also help you conceptualize the design that you actually want for your merch products.
Depending on your niche and idea, you can also customize the designs in your head by paying an artist online to do it for you.
How to Select Designs Online
Selecting your designs online depends on a number of factors.
First, you need to consider your budget for purchasing designs.
Some websites or artists can be a bit pricey depending on their level of expertise and the quality of work that they deliver.
Make sure that their price matches your budget for the designs.
Secondly, you need to consider your niche.
Is your niche about sports, pets, politics, nature, or anime?
There are various artists or sites that specialize in your specific niche.
It’s best to know which artist suits best for your niche.
Thirdly, you need to take into account your design aesthetic.
It is not recommended to move from one artist to another since you have to stay consistent with your design aesthetic, this is important to establish your branding.
Where to buy T-shirt designs online
Given that, here are some of the websites that offer affordable designs online.
Sometimes, the struggle with looking for designs online is the quality of designs that are delivered.
Moreover, some freelancers can be frustrating with so much guesswork going on during your transactions.
If none of these could meet the standards that you want for your online merch store, then Threadbasket is the solution for you.
Threadbasket offers different ready-made designs as well as designing services.
They offer only the highest quality design files and provide the most experienced designers to bring your ideas to life.
Threadbasket offers a monthly subscription of 18 Euros.
It already includes free access to thousands of designs, in-house designers, and other services.
Investing in quality is a great way to make sure your business is sustainable in the end.
Pros of buying license-free designs
If you’re running a print-on-demand business or a merch store, resources and manpower are two things that you should be really efficient about.
That’s why while it’s great to make your own designs or hire someone to do it for you, it isn’t the most practical.
- If you’re starting out or you simply want to scale your merch products or your t-shirt designs, the fastest and most cost-effective way to do it is to buy and download license-free designs from a design marketplace like Threadbasket.
- Buying instead of creating your own design will take a lot of time and effort (from conceptualizing a design to the actual sketching of the design). Having the liberty to just choose and download as many designs as you need for your business can let you focus on other equally important aspects of your business like marketing or even branding, especially if you’re just a self-starter.
- A membership to sites like Threadbasket only costs a small fraction of what you’d pay for a graphics designer. It cost a lot less than buying your own equipment to sketch and make designs.
- The designs from Threadbasket are all made by professional graphic designers. You’ll have access to a library of unique high-quality designs.
- You don’t need to worry about copyright infringement, you can even trademark the designs as your own.
- You’ll have access to new designs every week. The design library is updated with fresh and unique designs weekly.
- A wide array of designs for different niches.
- No commitment. The beauty of this is that you can choose to stop using the service anytime you want. If print-on-demand doesn’t work for you, or you just need a few designs for your merch store, you don’t need to continue your subscription.
- They have a free membership! You can have access to unique designs that are free to download. You don’t need to spend anything to try out Threadbasket’s service.
Fiverr is a famous site for hiring freelancers to do affordable digital services for you.
You can find on the site numerous artists that are willing to customize your designs and turn them to life.
If you have concepts in your head but you can’t seem to put them together, it would be a good idea to simply jot them down and instruct your artist on the possible concepts that you would want to achieve.
Freelance artists usually have designing packages that offer numerous drafts and revisions.
This helps you arrive at the design that you truly want for your merch products.
These artists have sample designs in their portfolios that you can look at.
If they have designs on your page that you would like to copy, simply ask them if the royalty for their designs is sold already or not.
If they haven’t been sold yet, you can buy the designs or modify them in whatever way you want.
The best part about Fiverr is that there are so many affordable designs and services since there’s so much competition among artists.
Some freelancers who are just new to the platform may offer lower prices than the rest even with high-quality designs.
3. Pod Frenzy
If you’re looking for ready-to-sell merch designs Pod Frenzy is your go-to site.
They have a wide range of designs to choose from.
Unlike Fiverr, you can’t choose and negotiate with different artists on the website.
They already have a set of ready-made designs for you to choose from.
You can, however, customize the design or edit it the way you want. You can modify it or change it on your own.
They have different designs that are suitable for events such as birthdays, father’s day, valentine’s, and Christmas.
Their designs are relatively affordable ranging from $2.90-$4.00 per design.
They also have bundle offers such as, for example, 30 ready-made different designs for cats.
This is especially helpful if you’re looking for multiple designs for your merch store.
You can purchase them depending on the niche of your store.
Say, if you’re still starting out on your business and you want to sell shirts that are all about pets, you can purchase a bundle about pets which can save you a lot of time.
Most importantly, the designs are all consistent.
Let’s Wrap it Up
Buying t-shirt designs online doesn’t mean you aren’t capable of doing your merch business on your own.
It doesn’t mean you don’t have a sense of originality.
Sometimes you just need a little help from people who know how to do things better. By